Get in Shape With David
Your Basket is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should receive an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Basket
Step Up to the Calorie Counter: Grilled Sweet Potatoes
|Posted on 16 January, 2014 at 0:00|
Sweet potatoes are standard fare for Thanksgiving. However, some of us may think about forgoing this classic dish to skip unwanted calories.
Would you consider an alternative recipe, such as grilling?
Here's a simple, tasty alternative from Smoked 'n Grilled to keeping these tubers soaked in marshmallows and plenty of brown sugar — not that there's anything wrong with it....
Grilled Cinnamon Sweet Potatoes
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- olive oil
- kosher salt (to taste)
- cinnamon (to taste)
- Slice the sweet potatoes into 1/2″ thick slices and place in a pot of water.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon, move the potatoes to a bowl of cool water, and let them sit for 10 minutes to cool.
- Remove the potatoes from the cool water and pat them dry.
- Lightly coat the potatoes with olive oil.
- Sprinkle one side of each potato with the salt and cinnamon.
- Place them directly on your grill, spiced side down, over medium-high heat, and sprinkle spices on the second side.
- Cook until tender. It will only take a few minutes on each side.
- Remove them from the grill and enjoy.
Thanks to Smoked 'n Grilled for this recipe. Stop by that website to check out other tasty recipes!